tirsdag 26. januar 2010

"The Road" - To be continued






In class, we could chose between two books; The Road by Cormac McCarthy or The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. I chose The Road and have read about 50 pages now and to be honest, I didn’t really understand much. From what I understood, the book is about a man and his son who has no place to stay, and is always on the run from “the others”.





I know the book has been made in to a movie, so I went on YouTube to check out the trailer:


After having watched the trailer, I understand a lot more of what I have read. I think that it will be more exciting the more I read, so I will just have to keep on reading. A lot of people tell me that it is a good book and that is why I chose to read this one. I really want to see the movie, because the trailer looks exciting, but I will resist my temptations and finish the book before I see the movie. After all, I have learned that it is best to read the book before you see the movie, and not the other way around because I always get disappointed when I do that.

1 kommentar:

  1. I had problems reading this book too and it took some pages before I really was interested in what was gong to happen with the main characters. Will be interesting to see if you like the book better as you read more!

    SvarSlett