tirsdag 20. oktober 2009

Ski Jumping - Traditional Sport in Norway

In Norway we have some traditional sports and one of them is Ski Jumping.The skiers go down an "inrun" ramp with a take-off in the end where they attempt to fly as long as they kan before they land. The skis they use for ski jumping are long and wide and a litle bit heavy.




This is of course a winter sport since you ski on snow, and is part of the Winter Olympic Games. You can also ski jump in the summer but then you have to perform on artificial surfaces like porcelain or have frost rail track on the inrun.



When the ski jumpers competes, they get points for distance and style. The Ski Flying World Record of 239 meters is held by Norwegian Bjørn Einar Romøren in 2005, and we are very proud of that.

3 kommentarer:

  1. the only time i have ski jumped it wasn't on purpose...

    SvarSlett
  2. haha, me too!! :D
    I like your text and your blog, Birgitte :)

    I don't really like ski jumping, but I enjoy handball very much:) What's your favorite sport?

    Regine

    SvarSlett
  3. Thank you Regine ( :

    I think it's funny to watch :P
    My favourite sport have to be volleyball I think!

    SvarSlett